Seattle and Victoria

Sep 5, 2012

So. I'm going to California on Friday so I thought it would be nice if I posted about my last vacation before I went on to my next. On June 8th, I took a plane all the way up to Seattle...
When the plane landed, we took a bus ride to an Underground tour and learned all about the history of Seattle.

We made a stop at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and bought some delish chocolates...
Saw the Space Needle everywhere we went (more pics of it to come!).
I was always on the lookout for photo opportunities...


We saw the Seattle Symphony...
We went to the Experience Music Project (EMP) museum...
This Dalek was in the museum... I freaked out, I was so excited... Everyone thought I was crazy. You should know I'm a HUGE Doctor Who nerd!
Visited the Space Needle...
It was really high up, and the way the walls slanted made you feel like the building was tipping over!
Went to see the ballet, Coppelia, and there was this work of art hanging in the lobby...
Another Space Needle picture.
Up on the Space Needle for night time viewing! The view was gorgeous and it was freezing up there, at least for this AZ girl.

 Pike's Market...


 The Gum Wall... (Okay, um gross)
 Seattle Aquarium....


 We took a short cruise around the harbor...


 Saw the King Tut exhibit... the last exhibit before it leaves the U.S!
 Took the Victoria Clipper over to Victoria. There was a terrible storm and several people got sick.
We visited the Butchart Gardens...


 And the Parliament Building!
 We drove up to Chemainus and checked out the pretty flowers and the murals. All the houses up there were so cute.





Took a bus back to Seattle...

...and flew home :)

That was my trip in a nutshell... Sorry for the extremely picture heavy post. I couldn't narrow down my photos any more ;) Some of the other places we visited were the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the Royal B.C. Museum, and the Museum of Flight. It was loads of fun!

Thanks so much for reading this super long post and congrats if you made it to the bottom! Haha.
Happy Wednesday!
xo. Kate